From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting around ancient SATA disk size limitations
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 01:32:11
1 On Jun 19, 2012 6:45 AM, "Alan McKinnon" <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:24:58 -0400
4 > Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > [snip]
7 >
8 > > Felix, did you follow any
9 > > analogous steps for the 4TB drives?
10 > >
11 > > (Cripes, that's a lot of data. One drive, bigger than any of my
12 > > aggregate volumes.)
15 > Completely OT but what the heck: :-)
16 >
17 > I built a 12TB FreeNAS Storage box for the home and dared the wife to
18 > fill it with content. For purposes of illustration I told her that this
19 > was an awful lot of data - 1357 raw DVD movie rips for example.
20 >
21 > "Go for it honey!" I said thinking the myself "She will NEVER fill that,
22 > or even come close!"
23 >
24 > The joke's on me. After 6 weeks, she's halfway there ^_^
27 Lucky you didn't challenge her to max out your Platinum credit card ;-)
28
29 Rgds,