From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: sandbox access violations while running matlab binary installer
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:26:26
1 On 31/03/2014 20:25, Kfir Lavi wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I'm trying to create an ebuild to install matlab MCR on gentoo.
4 > The installer InstallShileld try to create directory /root/InstallShield ;-)
5 > mkdir is run by java binary that try this. So I have no access to change it.
6 > There is no option to provide InstallShield it's relative install path.
7 > I can provide matlab's install path and other options, but this made
8 > permanent /root/InstallShield
9 >
10 > What can I do?
11 >
12 > Thanks,
13 > Kfir
16 As pointed out in -dev, let's first establish if the installer really
17 wants to write to /root or if it's actually ${HOME}
18
19 Do you get the identical error if you run the installer as a regular user?
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com