From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] subclipse???
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:22:00
1 On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:44:52 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > You need to run eix-remote -q update to have layman overlays added to
4 > > the eix database.
7 > I think he wants to know what overlay a given ebuild is in without
8 > installing the overlay first
9 >
10 > eix wwon't show the contents of not-installed overlays
11
12 As it's panto season now - Oh Yes It Will!
13
14 eix-update reads installed overlays but eix-remote downloads a list of
15 the contents of all layman overlays, giving exactly what Mark wants.
16
17 I hadn't even heard of the trauma overlay, let alone installed it, yet
18 eix found the ebuild for me.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.