From: App Des <app4des@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo on ssds? intel anyone?
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:08:02
1 I think that buying an SSD right now is not worth it. If you are going to
2 buy one, get the intel G2 ones, but in my opinion it is always better to
3 first max out your RAM in your PC. After all the SSD is going to help when
4 you first boot your PC or open a program. After that everything is cached in
5 RAM and there will be no speed difference. Only in the rare case that you
6 use so many programs (that don't fit in cache) and compile things everyday
7 (which messes up the cache) you are going to need it.
8
9 Also you don't need to mess with many fstab/scheduler settings, it is not
10 worth it imo. Just add "noatime" to your favorite file system and you are
11 good to go.
12