From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to make large iso with mkisofs?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:16:19
1 On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM, David Shen<davidshen84@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a blue-ray dvd copied on disk, it is about 20GB large, when I
5 > use mkisofs, it reports my files are too large. Is there any way to
6 > fix this?
7
8 I don't have a Blu-ray drive and never used one, but you can try to
9 use growisofs from app-cdr/dvd+rw-tools. It contains examples in the
10 manpage:
11
12 To master and burn an ISO9660 volume with Joliet and Rock-Ridge
13 extensions on a DVD or Blu-ray Disc:
14
15 growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -R -J /some/files
16
17 To append more data to same media:
18
19 growisofs -M /dev/dvd -R -J /more/files
20
21 Make sure to use the same options for both initial burning and
22 when appending data.
23
24 To finalize the multisession DVD maintaining maximum compatibility:
25
26 growisofs -M /dev/dvd=/dev/zero