From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with "make oldconfig" 2.6.30-8 ==> 2.6.31
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:53:48
1 On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > No you're not. But it is far easier to miss important changes without
3 > oldconfig to point them out to you by shoving them in your face.
4
5 That's how I use it. I do oldconfig as a kind of "kernel config diff"
6 and then follow it by menuconfig and a quick browsing of the critical
7 settings to make sure they look sane enough to boot. As long as it
8 boots and supports my disks and filesystems I can sort out any minor
9 settings/module changes after that.