From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which desktop antivirus?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 19:16:35
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Is there an overlay that offers AVG or bitdefender?
3
4 I found this:
5
6 http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/AVG_Anti-Virus
7
8 There is a ebuild for it but it looks like it is not maintained. The
9 last changelog was in 2008. It is here:
10
11 http://gpo.zugaina.org/app-antivirus/avgfree
12
13 Just to cover all the bases here, I have not followed the instructions
14 or anything for either of those links so I can not say if it works or
15 not. So, don't jump in if the water is to deep and you can't swim.
16 o_O I can't swim either. Well, I swim like a lead ball is more like it.
17
18 Even tho I don't use a AV tool, I do wish AVG was in portage. I know it
19 works well on windoze and that says a lot. lol
20
21 Dale
22