From: bobwxc <bobwxc@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new installation - ERROR: dev-lang/rust-1.47.0-r2::gentoo failed (compile phase)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 07:44:56
1 在 2021/1/18 上午1:48, thelma@×××××××××××.com 写道:
2 > On 1/17/21 4:18 AM, Michael wrote:
3 >> On Sunday, 17 January 2021 11:04:17 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >>> On Saturday, 16 January 2021 20:59:17 GMT thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
5 >>>> Reinstalling Gentoo on one box (I wiped the root partition, so it is a
6 >>>> clean install) and I'm getting this error
7 >>> --->8
8 >>>
9 >>> Have you thought of using rust-bin instead of rust? "emerge -1 rust-bin" It
10 >>> saves prodigious amounts of compiling here. Of course, you can't do that if
11 >>> you need to set particular USE flags.
12 >>>
13 >>> There was a discussion here a month or two ago. Either rust or rust-bin will
14 >>> satisfy virtual/rust.
15 >>
16 >> Rust uses up tonnes of RAM in compiling, so unless enough RAM and perhaps SWAP
17 >> is available, it could fail. Increasing resources and/or reducing the make
18 >> job number should improve the situation.
19 > I think that might have been the case, I run emerge second time and it compiled just fine.
20 > Maybe I will switch to "rust-bin", thanks for suggestion. Why do we need it, is it part of "system-bootstrap"?
21 >
22 Rust is a computer language, some software written in Rust need a Rust
23 compiler.
24 As I known, firefox is one.
27 bobwxc
28 F645 5C7A 08E8 A637 24C6 D59E 36E9 4EAB B53E 516B

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature