From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: lists@×××××.at
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] latest gentoo-sources and nvidia ?
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 20:05:07
1 Am Sun, 30 Mar 2014 20:14:28 +0200
2 schrieb "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>:
3
4 > Thanks a lot, very helpful. I followed your suggestions and run gnome
5 > now successfully with both the latest (stable) kernel and
6 > nvidia-drivers.
7 >
8 > USE-flag acpi ... I don't know if I still need that with systemd, I
9 > vaguely remember that it is somehow obsolete then. It pulled in
10 > sys-power/acpid now which wasn't there before.
11
12 I'm totally not a fan of systemd, and I admittedly haven't looked into
13 the nvidia-drivers ebuild and patches, but I guess it applies the patch
14 which is necessary to get nvidia-drivers working with an acpi enabled
15 kernel.
16
17 So this hasn't anything to do with the acpi daemon or systemd but the
18 kernel as far as I know.
19
20 > USE multilib: I don't know? Could someone point out what I could need
21 > that for?
22
23 This is needed if you want to run 32 bit software (e.g. 32 bit games)
24 with an amd64 (64 bit) system.
25
26 Heiko