From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] switching CPU's -- what strange things do I need?
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:38:11
1 John covici wrote:
2 > Thanks all -- I have a 32-bit profile, so I guess I will not be able
3 > to use ncona -- is this correct?
6 No, it's not correct. "march=nocona" is just as valid under 32 bits as
7 64. It simply defines the capabilities of your processor to gcc. It does
8 NOT force gcc to produce 64 bit code. With later versions of gcc,
9 "march=native" may be a better choice but, with the current stable gcc,
10 "march=nocona" is the best choice.
13 Be lucky,
14
15 Neil
19 This message has been scanned for viruses and
20 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
21 believed to be clean.
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list