From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sharing portage directories when dual booting x86 and amd64
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 14:18:48
1 On Friday 25 May 2007 18:52:12 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > >> In particular can I share
3 > >>
4 > >>  * tmp (PORTAGE_TMPDIR)
5 > >
6 > > If you ever compile the same package at the same time that may not be
7 > > such a good idea. Even if it works it may be confusing. Why not just make
8 > > two subdirs in the same place and use one as PORTAGE_TMPDIR for each
9 > > system..?
10 >
11 > How can that happen?  As I mentioned, I would be dual booting into
12 > *either* x86 or amd64.
13
14 I missed that part. You're right then.
17 Bo Andresen