From: Arkady Grudzinsky <grudziar.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gthumb gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `pixbuf != NULL'
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:36:19
1 Hi,
2
3 I have emerged gthumb-2.6.5 on my machine. I have not noticed any errors
4 during installation. However, when I start gthumb from the terminal, I get
5 the following messages:
6
7 (gthumb:24708): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion
8 `pixbuf != NULL' failed
9
10 (gthumb:24708): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion
11 `pixbuf != NULL' failed
12
13 (gthumb:24708): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion
14 `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
15
16 The application starts, but it always says "No image" in the thumbnails
17 window. As I switch to a directory containing some jpegs from my camera, I
18 get a bunch of additional messages:
19
20 ** (gthumb:24708): CRITICAL **: gth_image_list_append_with_data: assertion
21 `pixbuf != NULL' failed
22
23 I didn't count, but I assume that the number of these messages is equal to
24 the number of images in the directory. And the thumbnail window still says
25 "No image".
26
27 Any suggestions? It appears to me that gthumb is unhappy about some
28 dependency. All dependencies seem to be there. One more detail. The file
29 browser on the left lacks folder icons. I have read some reports of similar
30 problems with other Gnome applications using GTK and Gnome themes, but
31 nothing that would suggest a solution for my problem.
32
33 On my laptop, I have compiled Linux from scratch manually and gthumb has the
34 same problem there. I use XFCE as window manager. I have not explicitly
35 installed Gnome. Is that a problem? Does gthumb have some dependency which
36 is not explicitly stated?
37
38 Your help will be highly appreciated.
39
40 Arkady.