From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Force an ebuild in DEPEND to be merged
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 11:10:56
1 Hi all,
2
3 Is there a way to force a package *directly*listed* in DEPEND to be
4 re-merged, regardless of whether it is already installed, up to date or
5 not?
6
7 i.e. if a DEPENDS on b, then 'emerge a' will actually run 'emerge b a'
8
9 Reason: I use cvs-e17 and all ebuilds have version -9999 but they change
10 daily. To update e17, one must checkout and rebuild everything as
11 portage has no way of knowing what must be updated. So I have a script
12 with 92 emerge commands in it... This clutters world unnecessarily.
13
14 I would rather create a -meta ebuild, list all 92 packages in DEPEND
15 and 'emerge <metapackage>' will rebuild the whole lot. With the added
16 benefit that 'emerge --resume --skipfirst' will actually work properly
17 when a build fails (as they do on an almost daily basis...)
18
19 Is this possible?
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com