From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I add pcnet_cs to my installation?
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:48:52
1 you do not need to recompile the whole kernel, just the modules you
2 need.
3
4 in your menuconfig go into "Bus Options" and choose pcmcia support, with
5 whatever options you need for your hardware.
6
7 Then and only then will the right things appear under Device
8 drivers/Networking Support, there will be a section for pcmcia drivers.
9 Choose the NE2000 compatible one, and it will build pcnet_cs (according
10 to what you read under Help anyway)
11