From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (dual) booting windows kills the ethernet device for linux
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:28:50
1 Allan Gottlieb writes:
2
3 > The machine seems to have two "hardware" states determined by whether
4 > windows has been run since power on.
5
6 I _think_ I read about such a problem ages ago, and there was a
7 workaround. Either in the BIOS, or in Windows, some Wake-On-LAN option. If
8 activated, Windows would not shut down the device, so Wake-On-LAN will
9 continue to work.
10
11 My memory on this is vague, but it might be worth a try to look into that.
12
13 Wonko