From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with AMD64 GRUB booting nvidia SATA JBOD
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:14:34
1 On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 20:00:15 -0400, Neil Leathers wrote:
2
3 > I mounted sda2 and installed. Now I cannot get GRUB to launch sda2.
4
5 The error number would be helpful, as would the contents of menu.lst.
6
7 > The bootsector grub is installed on is hda.
8
9 It's probably a drive numbering issue, with GRUB numbering the drives
10 differently to how you expect. Drop to a GRUB shell and do
11 "find /boot/vmlinuz" (or wherever your kernel is) to see what GRUB calls
12 your SATA drive. I'd expect it to be (hd1) but that depends on the BIOS
13 ordering.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Drive not ready: (R)etry (G)o to Impulse (C)all Engineering