From: Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wicd will not connect to wireless network
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:06:44
1 On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 06:00:46PM +0100, Penguin Lover Dan Johansson squawked:
2 > > Yes, that was it, killing the dhcpcd made it possible to bring the interface up and associate with the AP.
3 > > As openrc was one of the packages upgraded yesterday (0.9.8.4 -> 0.9.9.1) I assume (guess) that is why dhcpcd gets started at boot.
4 > > Now I just have to figure out a way to stop this from happening.
5 >
6 > The problems seems to be that dhcpcd was started automatically as soon as a service needed "the network" - in my case dhcpcd was started due to /etc/init.d/sshd.
7 > At the moment I have solved it with putting "rc_dhcpcd_provide="!net"" in /etc/rc.conf
8 > which prevents dhcpcd to start when sshd is started and wicd can now do it's magic.
11 I wonder if it would be advisable to file a bug to have wicd provide
12 net? (Is there any reason why this would be a bad idea?)
13
14 Cheers,
15
16 W
17 --
18 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
19 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton