From: Kilian Zott <kilian@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Running a USB graphics cards with Linux?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:05:41
1 thats a strange comparison since usb is a serial bus
2 vga is not even digital, so how can you talk about throughput? lol
5 2012/7/16 Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
6
7 > On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
8 > wrote:
9 > > Hi there,
12 > > On 02/15/2012 09:14 PM, gk wrote:
13 > >> Hallo
14 > >> I used one some time ago, and it worked but very slow.
15 > >> The label only says made in China.
16 > >> lsusb output is:
17 > >> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0711:0900 Magic Control Technology Corp. SVGA
18 > Adapter
19 > >> The Kernel module which is loaded is:
20 > >> sisusbvga
21 > >> If your interested in the dongle and you live somewhere around Germany,
22 > I can
23 > >> send it to you, because I don't need it anymore.
24 > >
25 > > I'm afraid if it's slow I do not have much real use for it. Many thanks
26 > > for the offer, though! And sorry for the ages that it took to reply.
27 >
28 > Unfortunately, you're probably not going to find anything for USB
29 > which _isn't_ slow. USB is a very slow bus when compared to HDMI, DVI
30 > or VGA.
31 >
32 > --
33 > :wq