From: Roman Zimmermann <mereandor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sharing portage directories when dual booting x86 and amd64
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 17:32:46
1 Am Freitag 25 Mai 2007 18:52 schrieb Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > As I mentioned, I would be dual booting into
3 > *either* x86 or amd64. There is only one computer (my laptop)
4 > involved; all filesystems are local.
5
6 Since the two systems can never be booted simultanously you can AFAIK share
7 all of those directories without problems. For DISTDIR this is especially
8 useful to save download time...
9 I'd recommend to use separate LOGDIR so you're able do distinguish what
10 happened in which system.
11 If you use ccache you'll probably want to separate those directories too,
12 since the cache for one arch won't be usefull on the other arch.
13
14 Roman