From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: One hard drive much slower for some reason.
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 20:12:59
1 James wrote:
2 > Dale<rdalek1967<at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> Hi folks,
6 >>
7 >> I am in the process of moving my OS from drive to drive and thought I
8 >> would test to see which drive is the fastest. I got some strange
9 >> results when I tested them
12 > Try bonnie and bonnie++
13 >
14 > both in portage.
17 > hth,
18 > James
22 I don't think bonnie will help on this. I have not used it but I don't
23 think testing it is going to fix the issue. I already know it is slow,
24 I just don't know why it is slow. The other two drives on here are fast
25 including the other drive on the exact same cable. Makes me wonder what
26 is going on.
27
28 If you know of a way bonnie will help, let me know. I don't have it
29 installed and don't really know much about it except that it does tests.
30
31 Dale
32