From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What version of netscape-flash to use with konqueror?
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 10:02:08
1 On 5/5/08, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I have just brought my laptop (x86 arch) up to date and so I have KDE 3.5.9
3 > and netscape-flash-9.0.124.0. Now whenever I go to a web page with embedded
4 > flash I get a segfault. I seem to remember that something got broken wrt
5 > konqueror and my amd64 system is using netscape-flash-9.0.48.0-r1; however,
6 > that version now seems to have been removed. So what version are people
7 > using?
8 >
9 Oh, I think you're in trouble here, and on the verge to switch to
10 Opera. From one of Opera's developers:
11
12 "with 9.2x only Flash version 9.0.48.0 will
13 work, because in the subsequent releases Flash depended on being in a Gtk
14 browser on linux/unix (this also broke Flash in Konqueror). This Gtk
15 environment was created in the pluginwrapper in 9.5, but since 9.2x is
16 stable this was too big a change for it. This has, however, been in 9.5
17 snapshots for a while now - please check out the Beta2 and see if that
18 resolves your issues:
19
20 http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/next/"
21