From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server/nvidia/x86-driver updated: No kbd, no mouse
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 01:10:08
1 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> [10-04-26 03:00]:
2 > On 04/25/2010 10:05 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > >Graham Murray<graham@×××××××××××.uk> [10-04-25 18:28]:
4 > >>meino.cramer@×××.de writes:
5 > >>
6 > >>
7 > >>>That was also my first thought, but evdev was recompiled -- as I
8 > >>>wrote
9 > >>>in my initial mail...
10 > >>>
11 > >>>What next?
12 > >>
13 > >>Do you have an InputClass section in your xorg.conf? This is needed
14 > >>for
15 > >>xorg to use udev to detect input devices.
16 > >>
17 > >
18 > >yes:
21 > >Section "InputClass"
22 > > Identifier "keyboard-all"
23 > > Driver "evdev"
24 > > Option "XkbLayout" "de"
25 > > Option "XkbVariant" ",qwertz"
26 > > Option "XkbOptions"
27 > >"grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp:switch,compose:rwin,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
28 > > Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
29 > > MatchIsKeyboard "on"
30 > >EndSection
31 >
32 > I have no InputClass section at all, but I don't need all the options
33 > you
34 > use. Might be worth commenting the whole section out just as a test.
35 >
36 > I built xorg-server with the hal useflag disabled, and udev flag
37 > enabled.
41 Sorry guys for not understanding this anymore.
42 First question after posting my problem was:
43 "Did you read the guides???"
44
45 Now I included exactly what the guides say and
46 compiled as the ebuild has configured it (hal off,
47 udev on) and now I am told to remove the stuff again...
48
49 I am going back to xorg-server 1.7.6 and wait until
50 this becomes more consistent.
55 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
56 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
57 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
58 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.