From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT virtual stuff] gentoo vm appliance
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:04:27
1 Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> writes:
4 [...]
7 > Yeah, sorry if I didn't mention before. In the interest of size, I
8 > remove the portage tree (and also kernel sources) before creating the
9 > image. So in order to do portage-related stuff one must first:
10 >
11 > # emerge --sync
12
13 [...]
14
15 > Should still be usable.
16
17 You may have seen my last post by now, where I retracted some of my
18 earlier post.
19
20 I'm still seeing something that probably needs fixing.
21
22 In the shell where the initial login came up I keep seeing this every
23 5 minutes:
24
25 INIT: ld "so" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
26
27 OH, and what does the `FEATURES=' entry in /etc/make.conf do?