From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slow not in sync movie playing with mplayer2, ffmpeg, x264 with intel core i5
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 05:38:04
1 On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 06:57:08PM +0200, Kfir Lavi wrote
2
3 > No, it is all the videos that are 720p x264.
4
5 Is this a recently installed Gentoo? I had a similar problem trying
6 to play 1080i TV and also with NHL Gamecenter Live. A fresh install
7 will have almost all binaries using generic lowest-common-denominator
8 32 or 64 bit code, so that it will work on every machine with the target
9 CPU. Once I did "emerge system" + "emerge world" + rebuilt kernel and
10 rebooted, it ran fine (for a 4+ year old Dell). Now it can handle at
11 least the minimum speed for NHL Gamecenter Live, and play 1080i from the TV
12 tuner. For CPU flags I use...
13 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -mfpmath=sse -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe"
14 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
15
16 If that isn't your problem, can we see output from the 2 commands...
17
18 cat /proc/cpuinfo (1 core is enough, thanks)
19
20 head /proc/meminfo (does Memtotal: match what your BIOS shows on bootup?)
23 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>