From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] switching from tux-on-ice kernel to gentoo kernel hibernation issue
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 23:07:47
1 Hello,
2
3 I want to switch from tuxonice-sources to gentoo-sources - the kernel itself
4 supports suspend to ram and hibernate and the gentoo-sources are more
5 up-to-date and I need some new drivers which are missing in stable
6 tuxonice-sources.
7
8 So I've emerged gentoo-sources (3.7.10 and 3.0.35), copied tux-on-ice .config,
9 run make oldconfig. I've checked the the oldconfig migration and it seems to
10 be OK. Finally build and install the new kernel and boot.
11
12 The suspend to ram works fine, but hibernation doesn't. To me it looks like
13 the image is saved correctly, but resume doesn't work well (fsck found broken
14 inodes). dmesg looks clear except this (attached):
15 PM: Hibernation image not present or could not be loaded.
16 (so, I'm probably wrong that hibernation succeed)
17
18 The HW is Dell Latitude e4310. I've tried hibernation script and also
19 pm-hibernate script with same result (logs are included). The grub line is:
20 kernel /boot/kernel-3.0.35-gentoo root=/dev/sda5 resume=swap:/dev/sda6
21 video=uvesafb:off debug
22
23 Any idea what I've did wrong?
24
25 Thanks
26
27 Pat
32 Freehosting PIPNI - http://www.pipni.cz/

dmesg-3.0.35.gz application/gzip
_config.gz application/gzip
hibernation-logs.tar.gz application/gzip