From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] vnc weirdness as a user, works as root
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 05:04:51
1 I installed tightvnc on a relatively new system and find that mouse
2 clicks are not being registered (both using the browser and vncviewer
3 clients). Occurs with both the fluxbox and twm window managers. The
4 mouse cursor moves over the screen ok, just no "clicks" are being
5 recognised. The mouse works fine on a local (non-vnc - gnome) X desktop
6 as the same user.
7
8 The mouse also works fine when under a remotely connected root vnc
9 session - but this is not really desirable :)
10
11 The clients are fine as I can log onto other servers ok as a user.
12
13 Its probably a permissions problem, but where?
14
15 BillK
18 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
19 Home!