From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] converting openrc's dmesg to systemd service file
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 15:36:03
1 On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Douglas J Hunley <doug.hunley@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm sure this is way more trivial than I'm making it out to be, but how in
3 > the world would one converty /etc/init.d/dmesg to a systemd service file?
4
5 Mmmh. Seeing [1], I really don't think that's a *service*. It's the
6 kind of abuse that SysV scripts usually fall into.
7
8 What do you want to accomplish? Less output in the console when
9 booting with systemd? Then you can set the quiet *kernel* command
10 line. If you want systemd to be more (or less) verbose, then you can
11 pass it different arguments in the kernel command line; see [2].
12
13 > Is there a good online pointer about building service files?
14
15 The guide in [3] is a start; but I don't think it will help you, since
16 /etc/init.d/dmesg is not a service. Is a hack to control console
17 output behavior jammed into the init system because why not.
18
19 Regards.
20
21 [1] http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/openrc.git;a=blob;f=init.d/dmesg.in;h=5b001fca7542ce7e003af30ca49fdf471efd8871;hb=HEAD