From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge keeps 'fetching' gvfs-1.4.3-r1
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:03:54
1 On 7/13/10, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > It's not a big deal. The machine is fine. Everything is consistent as
3 > far as I know. However some portion of the download logic in emerge is
4 > confused.
5 >
6 > I've seen this sort of thing a few times in the past but it's always
7 > cleared up in a day or two. This one has gone on for weeks.
8 >
9 > Note that I do use ~amd64 on portage & eix. Maybe it's a bug that
10 > hasn't been cleaned up yet.
11 >
12 > So, following through, there does appear to be a new flag setting
13 > (-gdu) however it's not triggered emerging @world even though packages
14 > on the system require gvfs according to equery.
15 >
16 > Somethings inconsistent. (Possibly my brain!)
17
18 Please tell us if these two files differ on the system:
19
20 /var/db/pkg/gnome-base/gnome-2.28.2.ebuild
21 /usr/portage/gnome-base/gnome-2.28.2.ebuild
22
23 (Please adjust paths etc accordingly if you don't use regular
24 locations or if I got the versions installed on the system wrong.)
25
26 What we might have here is the fun of silent revbumps.
29 Arttu V. -- Running Gentoo is like running with scissors