From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encrypting a hard drive's data. Best method.
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 06:59:29
1 Howdy,
2
3 Same topic just new question.  I use KDE and am wanting to have it so
4 the Device Notifier will allow me to mount the drive when I turn it on.
5 So far, I got it set up and when I turn the drive on and click for it to
6 mount it, it asks me for a password.  I type in the password but it
7 mounts it to the wrong place.  If I do it on the command line, it works
8 as expected.  I have it set up in dmcrypt and fstab.  So, command line
9 works, KDE's Device Notifier doesn't.  It tells me I don't have
10 permission to access but it also mounts it in the wrong place.  I
11 suspect it mounting it in the wrong place leads to the permissions
12 error.  It mounts under /run.  I want it mounted under /home.
13
14 How do I tell the Device Notifier that I want it mounted somewhere
15 else?  I've never done this part before since I let everything else
16 mount under /run.  My cameras, cell phone, card reader and such mounts
17 under it.  That's fine for those.  This I want to mount under /home tho.
18
19 Is this doable?  Is there another tool KDE needs to do this?
20
21 Thanks.
22
23 Dale