From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-fs/-MERGING-static-dev installed but unable to find it
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:28:52
1 On Sunday 13 September 2015 22:46:01 Dale wrote:
2 >Howdy,
3 >
4 >I ran eix-test-obsolete and in the output, I get the following:
7 >The following installed packages are not in the database:
8 >
9 >sys-fs/-MERGING-static-dev
10 [...]
11
12 Just for the record, but I think emaint (part of portage) should be capable of
13 fixing this automatically (specifically, it's "merges" command). It can do a
14 couple more things, so check it out anyway. (Also, per the news item "New
15 portage plug-in sync system" from 2015-02-02, "emaint sync" is going to become
16 the preferred way of syncing the portage tree and overlays.)
17
18 HTH
19 --
20 Marc Joliet
21 --
22 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
23 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup