From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --sync
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2022 10:08:19
1 On Monday, 1 August 2022 10:43:55 BST tastytea wrote:
2 > On 2022-08-01 07:58+0100 Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > […]
4 > >
5 > > 2. These days rsync uses hashes and gpg to check the integrity of
6 > > portage and will flag up a warning in case of file tampering, or
7 > > corrupt data. As far as I know such a solution doesn't exist with
8 > > git.
9 >
10 > Verification can be turned on with
11 > sync-git-verify-commit-signature = yes
12 > in repos.conf.[1] This does not seem to be enabled by default.[2]
13 >
14 > [1]
15 > <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Portage/Repository_verification#git>
16 > [2] <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Portage_Security#git-mirror_repositories>
17
18 I see ... this is an improvement from what I recall it to be. Thanks for
19 pointing it out. Perhaps I should start using git again. :-)