From: M Daniel R M <4.magarzo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with the web browsers
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:43:26
1 On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 19:09 +0200, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > I am not into konqueror these days, so no idea about that.
3 >
4 > As for firefox, most problems comes from corrupted profiles,
5 > silly extensions, etc. So, first I would try using a clean
6 > profile, the easiest way to do that is to create a new user
7 > to test with. If the problem goes away then you know that
8 > there's something wrong in your profile, try disabling
9 > every extension and plugin before doing anything else.
14 Yes, as I said just before, extensions (but not silly..) were the
15 problem; not much convincing to me this "solution", but facts were
16 clear: after removing or disabling them, firefox run smoothly again.
17
18 BTW, sorry but I didn't understood what you meant when saying about
19 "profile", (I'm not much got into tech issues, sorry :-)
20
21 Daniel R. Magarzo