From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: package.keywords
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:17:51
1 On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:51:31 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > I'm mostly running stable with exceptions being enabled
4 > via the /etc/portage file structure. Usually it's small,
5 > but now with kde4, BLOAT is my modus operandi,
6 > not by choice......
7
8 It's easier to manage if you make portage.keywords a directory then put
9 the actual packages in files within that directory. That way you can
10 separate the files needed to run KDE4 from any other group of packages.
11
12 All package.* files in /etc/portage can be replaced a directories, then
13 all the files in that directory are considered as a whole.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Therapy is expensive, popping bubble wrap is cheap! You choose.