From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot see Grub menu
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 09:49:10
1 Frank Steinmetzger writes:
2
3 > So after the recent thread here about 32bit/64bit and some arguments
4 > from a friend, I made the switch from 32 bit to 64 bit (with a clean
5 > install from scratch of course). There’s one big problem I’m having: I
6 > cannot see the Grub (legacy) boot menu. It still functions alright,
7 > but I don’t see it.
8
9 Weird, I have no idea. Just want to say that I am using legacy Grub on
10 ~amd64 just fine. Not grub-static, and the static USE flag is not set.
11 Never had a problem with that.
12
13 Do you use a splashimage in your grub.conf? Maybe without you will get a
14 working text mode Grub. Not that this should matter, but anyway.
15
16 Wonko