From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No connection to the internet after update of today
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 18:05:37
1 On 20 January 2013, at 16:01, Hartmut Figge wrote:
2 > ...
3 > No problem so far with the horrible udev-197 *g*.
4
5 Really? I'm thinking this is udev not assigning eth0 to your network card.
6
7 > Here is what happens when i try to manually start ppp.
8 > ...
9 > ----- /etc/conf.d/net -----
10 > modules="ifconfig"
11 > config_eth0="null"
12 > config_eth1="192.168.0.3 netmask 255.255.255.0"
13 > config_ppp0="ppp"
14 > link_ppp0="eth0"
15 > plugins_ppp0="pppoe"
16 > username_ppp0='that_one_is secret'
17 > password_ppp0='also_secret'
18 > pppd_ppp0="defaultroute
19 > usepeerdns"
20 > ---------------
21 >
22 > What to do?
23
24 What to do?
25
26 Tell us more about how you connect to the internet.
27
28 Most people here will be using an ethernet network in which eth0 is wired to a router. I have not used ppp since I disposed of my 56k pew-pew-eep-eep dial-up modem. If you're using PPPoE then you need to tell us about it, not assume we can read your mind.
29
30 Stroller.