From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blocks to fix
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:18:28
1 Allan Gottlieb schrieb:
2 > At Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:43:38 -0400 James Homuth <james@×××××××.com> wrote:
7 >> -----Original Message-----
8 >> From: Mark Knecht [mailto:markknecht@×××××.com]
9 >> [snip]
10 >>
11 >> E1fsprogs and com_err have apparently been merged into the new package
12 >> portage wants to install for you. It's been suggested remove the two
13 >> packages it wants to upgrade, then install that one.
14 >>
15 >> Hint: emerge --fetchonly sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs; emerge --unmerge
16 >> e2fsprogs; emerge --unmerge com_err; emerge sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs *should*
17 >> work. I say should, because I haven't actually tried it.
20 > It is not quite that simple. There were many posts today (28 oct) on
21 > this. I suggest reading them. You might need to unmask mit-krb5 for
22 > example. There is a danger of rendering wget and hence emerge unusable
23 > (but if you have already --fetchonly'ed the pkgs then emerge can install
24 > them).
25 >
26 > To repeat the main point: Read *carefully* today's discussion.
27 >
28 > good luck,
29 > allan
30
31 Consider using quikpkg before unmerging anything
32
33 kh