From: David Grant <davidgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] newer alsa-lib and .asoundrc
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:31:55
1 On 10/19/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 10/19/06, David Grant <davidgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > In the elog or ewarn message for alsa-lib there is now a warning about
5 > > having an old .asoundrc file laying around. Does this mean that we don't
6 > > even need .asoundrc anymore? I have gotten rid of mine and things do
7 > seem to
8 > > be working.
9 >
10 > That's correct. Newer versions of alsa have built-in configurations
11 > that automatically enable the dmix and dsnoop plugins when necessary.
14 This is awesome. alsa pretty much works just like you want right out of the
15 box now.
16
17 Dave
21 David Grant