From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:10:06
1 Hi again,
2
3 it seems that i was running in another problem.
4
5 This are my current iptables!
6
7 Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
8 target prot opt source destination
9 block all -- anywhere anywhere
10
11 Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
12 target prot opt source destination
13 ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
14 NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED
15 ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
16 NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED
17 ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
18 RELATED,ESTABLISHED
19 block all -- anywhere anywhere
20
21 Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
22 target prot opt source destination
23
24 Chain block (2 references)
25 target prot opt source destination
26 ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
27 RELATED,ESTABLISHED
28 ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
29 DROP all -- anywhere anywhere
30
31 But everytime i start my internet connection with /etc/init.d/net.eth1
32 start it seems my rules were changed to this and i can't connect to
33 the internet!
34
35 Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
36 target prot opt source destination
37 LOG udp -- anywhere anywhere udp
38 dpts:0:1023 LOG level warning
39 LOG tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp
40 dpts:0:1023 LOG level warning
41 DROP udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpts:0:1023
42 DROP tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpts:0:1023
43 LOG tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp
44 flags:FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN LOG level warning
45 DROP tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp
46 flags:FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
47 DROP icmp -- anywhere anywhere icmp echo-request
48
49 Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
50 target prot opt source destination
51
52 Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
53 target prot opt source destination
54
55 Chain block (0 references)
56 target prot opt source destination
57 ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
58 RELATED,ESTABLISHED
59 ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
60 DROP all -- anywhere anywhere
61
62 What could be the problem here? Is the net init-script changing my
63 rules? I think i have removed shorewall completely, so there shouldn't
64 be any remaining files which could cause that behavior. Or are there
65 some remaining files from shorewall? When i invoke iptables save with
66 my generate rules and restart
67 iptables, the rules are ok and i can connect!
68
69 Thanks in advance!
70
71 Daniel