From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unabridged english dictionary?
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 14:32:39
1 150608 James wrote:
2 > So I just ran across this word "emeried" and I can only find emory.
3
4 Others have pointed out that it's a verb from 'emery', an abrasive.
5
6 > Where do I find help ?
7
8 I always use http://dictionary.reference.com/ ,
9 which is also good for etymology, sometimes important for English meanings.
10 In this case, it offered a long list of possible words, incl 'emeries',
11 which is the 3rd singular of the verb above.
12
13 The OED is the ultimate source for English words, incl eg US usages.
14 It's not free to the general user, but you can usually find access
15 or you can buy it in some CD/DVD form.
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca