From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a local web server
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 13:17:32
1 On Monday 04 April 2011 10:17:34 Joost Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Friday 01 April 2011 21:56:47 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3
4 > > This is connected with the other thread I've written to today, about
5 > > using my workstation as an emerge server. A complication I didn't
6 > > mention there is that both make.conf and package.use have to be
7 > > identical in the chroot and the target system nfs-mounted under it. I
8 > > must have got them out of step at some stage.
9 >
10 > Try recompiling php.
11 > You may have accidentally removed the php-library as that is located under:
12 > /usr/lib/apache2/modules/...
13
14 It may not be clear from what preceded this, but the problem was actually caused
15 by the particular way I'd used chroot, nfs mounting and --root parameter to
16 portage running in the chroot on my "emerge server".
17
18 As soon as I change my process the problem went away, together with several
19 others I haven't bothered the list with.
20
21 Thanks anyway.
24 Rgds
25 Peter