From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Best way to determine what video card I have?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:51:30
1 On Jun 10, 2009, at 2:20 AM, James Homuth wrote:
2
3 > On 06/10/2009 09:50 AM, James Homuth wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Hello all,
6 >> First off I'll admit to not knowing as much as I should about my
7 >> system, and am hoping to correct that as I go (that's part of the
8 >> reason I'm actually doing it this way). I'm trying to set up X on my
9 >> system, and am not entirely sure which video card I have.
10 >
11 > You open the case of the PC, remove the graphics card and take a
12 > good look
13 > at it :P
16 > And if you can't see the card, nevermind well enough to open the
17 > case? :P
18
19 I can testify that this method does not always work. I had bought a
20 name brand
21 video card, but it turned out to be a generic card that did not have a
22 manufacturers
23 name, logo or even model number on it, not even a sticker.
24
25 lshw usually works. If needed, emerge lshw