From: Gabriel Rossetti <rossettigab@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: no matter what kernel version I compile, It says it's 2.6.19-r4 - SOLVED
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:33:04
1 Harm Geerts wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hello,
5 >>
6 >> I emerge a kernel, let's say gentoo-sources-2.6.19-r5, I create the
7 >> "linux" link, then cd inside
8 >> and compile/install it. I reboot and I get lots of errors from modules,
9 >> I do a uname -a
10 >> and notice that it still says 2.6.19-r4, i then check in the /boot
11 >> directory, and the links are correct,
12 >> then I check my grub.conf and it's correct, I then tried
13 >> gentoo-sources-2.6.20, still the same thing.
14 >>
15 >> Does anyone have any ideas?
16 >>
17 >
18 > Do you have a seperate /boot partition and forgot to mount it before
19 > installing the kernel?
20 >
21 Harm!
22
23 That's it, I never did that (not automaount /boot), but I decided to
24 this time, so like you said, my /boot was not mounted
25 so everything was right, but at the same time it wasn't....That was a
26 stupid mistake on my part.....
27
28 Thanks to all those that answered and sorry for bothering you all with
29 this...
30
31 Gabriel
32