From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:21:06
1 On Tuesday 15 September 2009 13:00:41 Krzysztof Poc wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > I found that "emerge --depclean" removes the packages that are necessary
5 > for my system: gcc-4.1.2
6 > font-cursor-misc
7 > font-misc-misc
8 >
9 > I have also gcc-3.4.6-r2 installed. It does not remove gcc-3.4.6-r2.
10 > After unmerging gcc-4.1.2 I cannot compile anything of course.
11 > After unmerging font-misc-misc I can't see Polish fonts in Xterm.
12 >
13 > I don't know how to solve this problem.
14 > Should I make those packages more valuable to the system ?
15 > How can I do that.
16 > Is my xorg server incorrectly configured. I have xorg 1.5 with HAL.
17 > My system does not use any xorg.conf file. It autodetects configuration at
18 > startup. When migrating to xorg 1.5 I did not do any special steps to
19 > configure and install any Polish fonts. I only made the modifications to
20 > support the Polish keyboard layout.
21
22 Put such problematic packages into world, eg
23
24 emerge -n gcc:4.1
25
26 and a version of gcc in that slot will always be present till you manually
27 remove it.
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com