From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X USE flag
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:20:08
1 On Monday 30 October 2006 21:41, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Monday 30 October 2006 19:48, Hans de Hartog wrote:
3 > > Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
4 > > > I'd wait hold off on --newuse for a day or two if I were you...
5 > > >
6 > > > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/43805
7 > >
8 > > It's not that bad. I started 90 minutes ago for 94 packages and
9 > > it (2.6 GHz Celeron with 768Mb RAM) is busy with number 78
10 > > (xorg-server).
11 >
12 > Well, it's just that you may find that the flag will be removed again
13 > on next sync and then you'll have to do it one more time for no good
14 > reason (or cheat by editing the vdb manually)... Apparently it was
15 > only supposed to be inherited in packages that belong to the
16 > media-font category.
17 >
18 > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/43805/focus=43815
19
20 I let the emerge run anyway last night, took about 2 hours for 143
21 packages, lots of them just fonts which install quickly. So now I guess
22 It'll have to be done again in a day or three.
23
24 Oh wait, this is the kind of thing they said would happen if I used
25 ~x86.... :-)
26
27 alan
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list