From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mkvtoolnix: To use qt5 or not to use qt5 - that is the question (USE flag in-/valid?)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 17:47:14
1 On 02/27 08:34, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 05:12:59 +0100, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > this command:
5 > > emerge --selective=n @preserved-rebuild
6 > >
7 > > gives me this message when started:
8 > > --- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.use/mkvtoolnix: qt5
9 >
10 > That's not an atom, it's a USE flag. The format of package.use is
11 >
12 > atom USE [USE...]
13 >
14 > so you want something like
15 >
16 > media-video/mkvtoolnix qt5
17 >
18 > You seem to be assuming that portage picks up the package name from the
19 > file name, it does not. The contents of all of package.use/* are combined
20 > as if a single file before portage does its stuff. This is all explained
21 > in the portage man page.
24 > --
25 > Neil Bothwick
26 >
27 > To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists
28 > solutions are things that are still all mixed up.
29
30 Thank you all for your help! :)
31
32 I missed the 'media-video/mkvtoolnix' in front of 'qt5'.
33 My fault...sorry for the trouble I may have created...
34
35 Cheers!
36 mcc