From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Best way to improve interactivity with heavy disk activity?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:59:53
1 On Monday 29 November 2010 01:24:39 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > One thing I forgot to mention is that with the ck kernel, the number
4 > of threads (like the -j option of make) must be exactly equal to the
5 > amount of CPUs or cores, and *not* the usual cores+1.
6
7 I'll try your suggestions, but it'll be tomorrow before I have any
8 emerging to do - today's has already been done.
9
10 Thanks for the advice.
13 Rgds
14 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.