From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: An alternative keyboard layout is lost
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:24:21
1 2014-10-19 0:08 GMT+03:00 Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>:
2 >> On Oct 18, 2014, at 21:04, Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 13:10:15 +0300
5 >> gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> I have found out that my problem with xfce4 keyboard plugin
8 >>> reduces to the fact that now I cannot choose Russian Winkeys
9 >>> alternative keyboard: there is no such option in the corresponding
10 >>> keyboard layout settings. So, I have to choose Osetinian Winkeys
11 >>> alternative keyboard as it is appears to be the next best choice:
12 >>> only one extra unnecessary letter "ӕ" in place of "э" and the letter
13 >>> "э" is set in another easy to remember position.
14 >>>
15 >
16 > Well you should configure keyboard layouts through evdev.
17 > If you update xorg-server you will need to remerge x11-drivers.
18 >
19 > So configure evdev as suggested by previous emails and then remerge x11-drivers.
20
21 First of all, I cannot see why I should recompile something after
22 changing configuration files.
23
24 Second of all :), there is no ebuild named x11-drivers. If you meant
25 xorg-drivers,
26 I have recompiled them with no effect.