From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Intel D975X or NVidia 680i for stable, fast Linux box?
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 08:36:49
1 Neil Bothwick schrieb:
2 > Hello Stefan G. Weichinger,
3 >
4 >>>> Why not use the 965P-chipset on a board like the Intel DP965LT?
5 >>>> Should be a bit cheaper than the D975X and if you don't need the
6 >>>> RAID-functionality, this is a very good board for working purposes
7 >>>> IMO.
8 >>> Which board are you using?
9 >> As mentioned above: Intel DP965LT.
10 >
11 > Doh! Too early in the morning for me :(
12 >
13 > I was looking at a Gigabyte board but I'll give this one a look too.
14
15 A Gigabyte board with the P965-chipset?
16
17 I have a comparison here with the Gigabyte 945P-DS3, somewhat cheaper
18 than the Intel, no firewire, and a bit slower in the SATA-benchmarks ...
19 and 4GB of RAM max, while the P965 accepts up to 8GB (depends on if one
20 needs that now or plans to use the board for quite a while ...)
21
22 Stefan
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list