From: Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge BUG?
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:35:40
1 2013/12/20 Yuri K. Shatroff <yks-uno@××××××.ru>:
2 > 20.12.2013 13:30, Alexey Mishustin пишет:
3
4 >> What is the contents of /var/lib/portage/world?
7 > Hm, really, it's almost empty except for the last packages I have added
8 > yesterday... So that's clearly not an emerge bug, but ... Could anything
9 > mess it up?
10 > I have copied the system to a new HDD recently
11
12 Including /var?
13
14 > and done an `emerge @world`,
15 > too, and everything went OK.
16
17 If the correct version of the world file is lost, you may want to try
18 to regenerate it with `regenworld'. This utility will search old
19 emerge log files (did you copy it from old HDD?) If old emerge log
20 files are lost too, then the script from [1] could help to recover
21 some (major) part of the world file entries.
22
23 [1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-869667.html
26 Regards,
27 Alex