From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Multiple Routes to the same Subnet
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:43:30
1 Greetings all. I've just aquired a 4-port network card, and I
2 set it up so that the 4 ports are each assigned an IP address, and gave
3 all the IPs the name 'nfs' in DNS.
4
5 Now I hope to point all the NFS clients at server 'nfs', and do some
6 basic load balancing, while leaving the original address open for other
7 services.
8
9 My problem is that I haven't been able to weight the routes to the
10 subnet in question. I've been using iproute2 and have read numerous
11 documents online, but they all discuss multiple Internet gateways.
12
13 I hope to find a way to send traffic coming in on each of the 4
14 interfaces back out that same interface, so the load can be balanced
15 between them. Right now, all traffic goes out through the default
16 route with the lowest metric.
17
18 Eventually I also want to configure nfsd to listen only for connections
19 on that host name, so that the original ethernet interface is left open
20 for other services.
21
22 Does anyone have any suggestions, or comments, or criticisms? Anybody
23 konw how to do a thing like that?
24
25 Thanks,
26